Friday, December 28, 2007

Light My Fire

I am sure that if 30 year old me could have had a word with (i.e. influence upon) 20-something me, my life might not have been nearly as exciting as a Twixter. Let’s compare site statistics alone. DC Cookie, my long-[permanently]-hibernating site of singledom, gets twice as many daily hits as my current project. Because let’s be honest, despite the melody of my voice, who [besides best friends and cyber-stalking exes] really wants to hear the droning hum of an old woman’s romantic drivel? I have such vast, worldly wisdom to extend upon the lovelorn masses, but nary an interested, needy listener.

As such, I challenge those who stumble across my SAT-vocab-infused mumblings to suggest a topic of interest (within PG-13 boundaries, of course). In my infatuated state of matrimonial exhilaration, without assistance I simply cannot conjure a "Stream of Jessica" that is not directly related to my emotional jubilation – which, lovely in small doses, can also act as a ferocious audience-repellant. I welcome any and all commentary, anonymous or otherwise, to ignite my creative spark plugs. I am aching for new fodder...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I think from what I've seen the writing is better & a bit more 'mature' here. There's a less hurried & lovelorn sheen to it. But there's bound to be as many topics, they're just different, and generally apply to a different audience. 'What are the single women up to?' Is a bit different than 'what are the Married women up to?' One gets all the easy titters, another elicits a glance behind the shoulder, just in case. But it's always good to know that you're still enjoying the honeymoon. Cheers & Good Luck in the New Year! 'VJ'

Barbara said...

You once talked about finding a size sticker on your shirt at work. That cracked me up. I think it's the things that make one seem human that appeal to the other humans. Laughing at yourself is always very enticing!

Anonymous said...

I actually tend to write less about the things that make me happy for similar reasons, which is odd--doesn't it make sense to share happiness and give people who aren't happy something to aspire to? It's something I've been working on fixing.

I think much of it has to do with the perceptions of your shift in lifestyle. The adventures of Cookie, the sexy, freewheeling party gal, are just going to attract a lot more people than the stories of Jessica, the happily married woman. Some would use it as a way of vicariously living the life they can't or won't live, while others just hoped they could get with you somehow. ;)

It's your blog. Write what you want to write about. If that means endless missives about marital bliss, then so be it. Given your adept use of language and storytelling skills, that would make for as fine a read, if not finer. ;) And ultimately, it will be more genuine and honest, which will make it finer still.