Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Trying to Decide...

...if I should worm my way back into the blog spotlight or not. Back in my heyday, people I'd never met used to approach me in bars because they knew my face from my blog. I was quoted, I was chastised, I was linked, I was adored. Whether the adulation was sincere or not, I was always flattered. But I haven't been to a blogger happy hour since November and the vacillation of the scene is such that, at this point, a scant few would even know who I was. Four months off is career suicide in the blog world.

My intentions vary now from my original dessert-nicknamed goals. And I wonder if I have the courage or desire to withstand the public scrutiny I so welcomed with my last endeavour. I welcome commentary, but at what expense? I temporarily exited the blog world to avoid the inevitable vitriol of personal dramatics; my words are always laced with the pure kindness of my soul and I wanted nothing to do with spiteful battle. This is simply an after-hours extracurricular, not my life (of which I'm only willing to reveal innocuous, pedestrian tidbits) Thus, my hesitation to announce my return with floodlights.

I am here again, sans alias, writing to placate the explosive needs of my imprisoned, creative demon. And the question remains, what kind of visibility do I truly desire and how much would I be willing to sacrifice to achieve it?

7 comments:

A Unique Alias said...

Welcome back. You always did do a good job - - much, much better than I - - of avoiding the vitriol.

Kathryn Is So Over said...

Why not let kindred spirits and friends find their way to you on their own? No need for a bright flame like you to worm into anything, or court attention with floodlights.

Phil said...

I tend to agree with Kathryn...

That, and a little nudge to DC Blogs to put you on the roll...?

Way-to-go-Grace said...

ummm...i say cut the bull. say what you gotta say, girl. never stopped you before, right? :)

Namaste said...

you crack me up. love the deliberation. as if it really is a question?! ha... personally, i hope you do. it was so fun to be your sassy sidekick in so much fun.

Anonymous said...

I have wondered the same thing many times myself...

Anonymous said...

I got here via a HH link from 'Kassy'. It's really good to 'catch up' vicariously. It's great to hear about your pending marriage too. It's nice to hear that there can be success out there for those who seek it. You might leave a link at the old place, but I don't know if that would be useful. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'