Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Vail

Everyone has a vice; something on which too large a reasonable percentage of one’s income is spent. My vice is travel (and expensive wine; but for the sake of this post we will assume my zest for pricy blends is commensurate with my penchant for world exploration). This is the reason I do not own designer handbags, nor are my appendages adorned with a multitude of Tiffany’s baubles. I’d rather spend my hard-earned salary on airfare. That’s why I keep my Myspace calendar updated, so my friends don’t have to play the “Where’s Jessica” game. I’m hardly ever home.

This week, it’s Vail, Colorado; where I spent the day bulleting through knee deep powder moguls on the back bowls of the mountain. On the last quad-lift of the day preceding my last run, as the wind bit at the air pocket beneath my goggles and the sun illuminated the bleach of the snow-capped trees, I seriously said a prayer of thanks. I realize this manic voyaging is not sustainable; but for now, I give in unreservedly to my vice because…I can.

IMG_1639

IMG_1640

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so that's what it looks like to ski somewhere with actual snow. Wish I could have said the same for Wisp.

Anonymous said...

What fun! David & I are going to Park City over presidents day weekend. We are goign to take some snowboarding & skiing lessons. I guess anythign to combat the marrital fat! LOL miss you!
-Wendy