Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Married Fat

I have gone and done the one thing I warn all women not to do when they snuggle into the comfort of monogamous love: I became momentarily complacent with my weight. Granted, I am not the only participant in my twosome who has packed on a [few] extra pounds of body fat. We are both a mere Chipotle burrito away from hitting what we jokingly agreed would be our respective ‘divorce-appropriate’ mass. This is not a laughing matter. I am a healthy, sexy, energetic and athletic woman who has never known a muffin top. So, in lieu of discussing my gluttony any further, I am heading to the gym. This is not a New Year's Resolution. This is a lifestyle...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me, I've just always liked 'muffin tops'. And there is no simple ‘divorce-appropriate’ mass. It can be that slight 12st. lass with a penchant for dangerously involved psychiatric episodes with shotguns and sharp knives. It can be that toned &'6packed' but not so obvious narcissist who comes to make mean & sarcastic cracks with every bite you take. Still the average couple gains weight when married. It takes perseverance to maintain what you've gained, let alone keeping it off! It's a never ending age related battle. You arrived just in time to take up your stations.

Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'