Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Namaste

I know for a fact that the lore of the creative muse is not mythical. I happen to have one myself in the fetching form of an olive-skinned femme fatale. She has pillow-y lips, zooma-zoom-zoom rump cheeks and a rhythmical hip thrust that could break a man mid-mambo. Her acorn-sized, cocoa eyes are as arousing and welcoming as a sun-kissed, temperate ocean. When she graces you with a smile, your world becomes so much more than a simple oyster. She neutralizes fear; she discourages boundaries; she cleanses, sanitizes, blesses. She is heaven’s gatekeeper and the caregiver of the universe. For a reason understood only by the cosmic powers that be, she has chosen me as the apprentice friend to whom she reveals [almost, some things are sacred] all. I know both the character she has developed (what Hollywood coins ‘based on a true story’) and the resilient, but oft vulnerable, maiden beneath the cloak; the innocent, untamable, commanding, genius of an edifying wellspring.

She is my muse for many reasons, at the forefront of which is her mastery of expression. She breathes inspiration into a vacant keyboard. If she ever discontinued my complimentary access to the verbal manifestation of her emotional impulses, I fear my writing would evaporate. My ability to place two unlikely words in the same sentence would be lost to apprehension. My blog is the mosquito to her elephant; her posts are the necessary red river of platelets from which this Stream subsists.

This, my dearest Namaste, is my significantly more befitting commentary.

6 comments:

inowpronounceyou said...

Now that's a loving tribute to a friend/muse...can I borrow her when I'm tryhing to write music?

Brian said...

It's a really good thing I like both of you, otherwise I'd have a serious complex going. I read the two of you, and then everything I put down sounds basically like, "Me think stuff. Stuff funny. Laugh at stuff." I'm thisclose to switching to cave painting.

Edifying wellspring? Remind me never to play Scrabble with you. My only advantage is that I could challenge all the extra u's you'd put in everywhere. That might keep it kind of close.

Anonymous said...

awww, this is all cute n stuff. All I have to add is she has a nice phatty... just saying

Namaste said...

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...

Anonymous said...

Aww, that was so sweet. Very touching really, keep it for posterity, certainly. And cleanses & sanitizes too? A true blessing for any home! Happy Thanksgiving to you both! Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

[http://www.yeehawindustries.com/store/retail/script_files/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=GREETING_CARDS/American_Typography/Handmade_Signs&image=Sunshine_sign.jpg&img=27&search=you%20are%20my%20sunshine&cat=all&tt=&bool=or&tfile=tn_Sunshine_sign.jpg&numtolist=9&sortfiles=2]

Anonymous said...

That may not have come out well guys. It was a link to the 'sunshine_sign' from Yee-Haw industries, item 29 of 40 in their catalog of Handmade signs. I've always liked it, so enter 'you are my sunshine' into the search box and you'll eventually come upon it here:
[http://www.yeehawindustries.com]. Even affordable on a student's or a teacher's budget. And right down on Gay St.! Cheers, 'VJ'